Hayter have re-launched their popular Harrier 41 range from 2017 with new models and improvements to the existing ones whilst retaining all the features which make the Harrier 41 a bestseller year after year. The Harrier 41 petrol lawnmowers have re-designed cutting blades, grass bags, more durable wheels and the new Vari-Pitch™ cutting technology.
The Hayter Harrier 41 self-propelled lawnmower (375A) is a compact highly manoeuvrable rotary mower with a rear roller and 41 cm (16”) cutting width. Autodrive variable speed transmission means that the mower will adjust its forward travelling speed to match yours. The two piece ribbed rear roller provides that classic striped finish to the lawn and also allows you to cut right to the edge.
The one piece aluminium cutter deck in conjunction with the new blade and grass bag design will give you superior cut and collection performance. The single point height of cut can be adjusted through 7 settings from 13 – 60 mm. The variable speed Harrier 41 (375) is fitted with a Briggs & Stratton 625Exi Series petrol engine which uses 4-stroke oil. The 625 Exi produces a powerful 150 cc and has a gross torque of 8.5 and easy starting pull. The higher the torque rating the easier it will be to mow thicker, longer grass. E Series engines have reduced exhaust emissions.
- Two piece ribbed rear roller with improved differential and drive method. A ‘pin and cam’ system drives each half of the roller but still allows each half to counter rotate whilst turning
- Durable wheels based on the Hayter Spirit design but with an increased size/diameter to suit the Harrier
- The Vari-Pitch™ cutting technology adjusts the forward pitch angle of the deck as the height of cut is raised or lowered. This increases the airflow in more difficult mowing conditions (longer grass) ensuring superior performance at each cut.
- Trim Side lets the user mow right up to the edge of the lawn. The right hand wheel, cutting blade and rear roller are all positioned in-line. This is ideal for mowing around borders or retaining walls.
- A wash port has been integrated into the deck so it can be cleaned off quickly and easily after each use. Cleaning the deck keeping it free of grass will help to prolong the life of the machine.
- Harrier 41 – Code HA 375
- Recommended Mowing Area
- Small to medium lawn areas
- Cutting Width
- 41cm (16 inch)
- Yes, Variable speed
- Rear Roller
- Yes, ribbed two piece
- Recoil / Manual
- Briggs & Stratton 625Exi
- Engine Oil
- 4-stroke (0.6l bottle included)
- Height of Cut Adjustment
- Single Point
- Height of Cut Settings
- 7 from 13 – 60mm
- Deck Material
- Cast Aluminium
- Grass Bag Capacity
- Folding Handlebars
- Soft Grip Handlebar
- Wash-Out Port
- Lifetime Crankshaft Warranty
- Manufacturer’s Warranty
- 5 year domestic (Terms Apply including Annual Service by an Approved Dealer)
- Warranties Apply to Original Purchaser. Refer to Owners Handbook for Full Terms & Conditions
Purchased as a replacement for my 30+ year old Hayter Hawk, which had become rather 'tired' and in need some TLC. The Harrier is the same width of cut than the Hawk, but a far more substantial machine, which has a variable speed drive as opposed to the Hawks single speed. I have found that the speed range is a little high for my aging legs, so have needed to reduce it very slightly following advice from Mowers Online.
A good price and free delivery for a good quality machine-
Delivered in good time as promised.
Having had a Harrier 48 for many years I was not surprised that the Harrier 41 was an excellent machine for cutting my 1/4 acre lawn in less than an hour.
The grass box was a bit fiddly to assemble. The washout point is a good innovation.
Substantial machine which started from cold on the first pull out of the box and also (unlike some) also started first pull when warm. Much more manoeuvrable than the similar-sized Honda which it replaced and a better range of useful speeds than the Honda's slow crawl. The ribbed roller gives it a good grip though being plastic the jury is still out as to how durable it is. (The Honda's was steel but unribbed and tended to slip and need pushed). Shame that the Hayter version of Honda's 'rotastop' is not available on this size of mower.
Delivery from Mowers Online was next day, delivered free the length of the country, and overall the service was excellent. I was a little surprised though that the inspection report showed that the engine had been checked running despite there being no oil in it when delivered!
I ordered my Hayter Harrier 41 on Monday 6th April at 16.15pm and it arrived Wednesday 8th April 2pm.
It will take me time to adjust from a cable mower to this but so glad I’ve made the move.
A big thank you to all the staff for their professionalism and very swift service especially under these circumstances.
Keep up the good work , Gregg , Liverpool.